Tuesday, September 22, 2009

people one comes to admire doesn't always at first seem likable...

With some people you may be able to tell whether or not you will like them when they are first met. But with some you have to be around them for awhile before it can be determined whether or not you will like them, or whether or not they are the type of person that you like to hang around. Take for example, I have a best friend where we got along the moment we started hanging out, we have a few things in common but not many. But with my sister, she didn't like her at all. She said she was not the type of female she hangs around and she could tell this just by the way she carried herself. She tried to warn me about her, but I told her to let me live my life and hang around who I wanted to hang with.I thought she was the type of female that I would hang around until she started showing how she really was. The person I called my best friend tried to use me for what I had, if we went out somewhere I always had to buy her because she acted as if she never had money. My sister saw this but I didn't, I guess she was trying to let me see how my best friend really was for myself. She always got me to do things for her. For example, if my sister and I went out she always said that she wanted to go and that she had her own money to pay, but when we got to our destination she said that she forgot that she left her money at home and I always had to pay for it and she never paid me back or even offered to pay me back. Another example is, she always wanted to stay with me only to get to her boyfriend. She told her mom she was staying with me so she wouldn't get caught, she did this just about every weekend. On the days she did stay with us she sat around the house eating all our grocery, she had me fooled for awhile until she started bragging to the wrong people. The girl that I called my best friend had been talking about me the whole time we were hanging out. I didn't know she was jealous of me because she never showed it when she was around me, but she did when she was around others. For example, if I went out and left her behind she went to her cousins talking about me just because things didn't go her way. She said things like "how can she afford to go to the club, when she could not pay for us to get something to eat last night."Another example is: every boy I went with  she wanted him and did  anything in her power to break us up. If people asked her if she was staying with me for the weekend she sometimes said "no, she don't have any grocery." But it all started coming to the light lately because come to find out she had been talking about everybody that she hung around. For example, we have this friend named Natasha, but she doesn't have a job at the moment, the person we thought was a friend once again went to her cousins and said "natasha is so lazy, she don't want to do nothing with her life because if she did she will look for her a job." And once again it got back to us. We tried to give her a chance to tell us how she really felt towards us or tell us what she had been saying about us behind our backs, but she never told us or owned up to what she had said. But I learned that she isn't the type of person I hang around. Because if I call you my best friend, you shouldn't be jealous of me and what I have, you're supposed to be happy for me. And a best friend don't talk about their best friend behind their back. So I learned that with some people, although they seem likable at first doesn't mean your opinion of them will stay that way, now I see why my sister didn't like her. I'm just glad she didn't say, "I told you so." 

2 comments:

  1. I liked the premise of the essay, and it has an ability to reach a great audience. Structurally, it is very sound. However, some wording and grammar shifts need to be made before your essay is 'perfect'. Make sure to keep an eye on capitalization and language use, and be wary of using the pronoun 'you' too often. It can get confusing easily, and it brings a very informal tone to the entire essay. I feel that the essay, with a little work in these areas, has a lot of potential. Just don't give up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete